Scaling lily bulbs
Lilies are the stars of the summer borders. When Carol Klein plants her bulbs in spring she also takes the opportunity to increase her stock by propagating from bulb scales. It can take a few years but worth it if you have a special plant and want more.
Available since: Tue 8 Jan 2013
This clip is from
1/4 In summer the fragrance of lilies fills the garden, and glorious colour abounds.
First broadcast: 11 Jan 2013
More clips from Summer
More clips from Life in a Cottage Garden with Carol Klein
- Primroses from green seed Duration: 01:54 Reversioned Series, Spring
- Foxgloves from seed Duration: 01:01 Reversioned Series, Spring
- Carol propagates snowdrops Duration: 01:57 Reversioned Series, Winter
- Carol shows how to cross-pollinate hellebores Duration: 02:28 Reversioned Series, Winter
- Carol takes dahlia cuttings Duration: 02:30 Reversioned Series, Autumn