High Wycombe to Stratford-Upon-Avon
Today Michael meets the remarkable craftsmen behind the Victorian furniture trade, discovers how George Bradshaw helped save Britain's canal heritage and sees Shakespeare through the eyes of a 19th Century tourist.
Available since: Tue 8 Jan 2013
This clip is from
1/25 Michael Portillo sees Shakespeare through the eyes of a Victorian railway tourist.
First broadcast: 07 Jan 2013
More clips from Great British Railway Journeys
- Michael is welcomed to one of Ireland's world famous pubs Duration: 01:52 Series 4, Goes to Ireland - Athlone to Galway
- A visit to Stonehenge Duration: 02:17 Series 4, Salisbury to Castle Cary
- Tay Bridge rail disaster Duration: 02:19 Series 4, Stirling to Invergowrie
- Michael Portillo puts in a shift at the oldest fish market in Britain Duration: 01:59 Series 4, London Victoria to Abbey Wood
- Welshpool to Aberystwyth Duration: 01:36 Series 4, Welshpool to Aberystwyth