How does a steam engine work?
The principal engineer on the ‘Duchess of Hamilton’ explains how the steam generated is used to move the train along the track.
Available since: Fri 4 Jan 2013
- Miles Kington
- Peter Walton
- Kim Malyon
- Peter Pickering
- Colin Speakman
More clips from Steam Days
- Bill McAlpine Purchases The Flying Scotsman Duration: 00:57 A Tale of Two Scotsmen
- Brunel’s Temple Meads Station Duration: 01:20 Going Great Western
- The First Train to Reach 100mph Duration: 02:18 The Quest for Speed
- The Longest Concrete Viaduct in the World Duration: 02:41 The Fishing Line
- The Hazards of Steam Railways Duration: 00:50 Workhorses