Rattle and Bum - The Making of Cheddar Cheese (National Treasure)
On 18 December 2013, BBC Radio 6 Music unveiled a game-changing piece of music, featuring behemoths of the rock world: Mark King from Level 42 on bass, Craig Potter and Guy Garvey of Elbow on keys and BVs, Shaun Keaveny on vocals and guitar, and Matt Everitt of Brit-pop sensations Menswear on drums.
Here we go behind the scenes at BBC Maida Vale studios to observe the recording of this timeless classic.
It's the Shaun Keaveny Breakfast Show's paean to a great British milk-derivative, and it is yours to treasure forever via the 6 Music website. Download the MP3 here:
Available since: Wed 19 Dec 2012
This clip is from
The first play of the finished Cheddar Cheese Song, plus Professor Brian Cox!
First broadcast: 19 Dec 2012
More clips from Shaun Keaveny
- Drenge chat to Shaun Keaveny Duration: 19:30 Drenge in the studio
- Bill Hicks' brother Steve Hicks Duration: 16:59 Earworms, Please!
- Nick Frost chats to Shaun Keaveny Duration: 15:40 Nick Frost joins Shaun in the studio
- Comedian Nick Helm chats to Shaun Keaveny Duration: 11:44 Nick Helm joins Shaun
- Album of the Year: AM by Arctic Monkeys Duration: 08:16 Matt Helders (The Arctic Monkeys) with Chris Hawkins