Rattle and Bum - The Making of Cheddar Cheese (National Treasure)
On 18 December 2013, BBC Radio 6 Music unveiled a game-changing piece of music, featuring behemoths of the rock world: Mark King from Level 42 on bass, Craig Potter and Guy Garvey of Elbow on keys and BVs, Shaun Keaveny on vocals and guitar, and Matt Everitt of Brit-pop sensations Menswear on drums.
Here we go behind the scenes at BBC Maida Vale studios to observe the recording of this timeless classic.
It's the Shaun Keaveny Breakfast Show's paean to a great British milk-derivative, and it is yours to treasure forever via the 6 Music website. Download the MP3 here:
Available since: Wed 19 Dec 2012
This clip is from
The first play of the finished Cheddar Cheese Song, plus Professor Brian Cox!
First broadcast: 19 Dec 2012
More clips from Shaun Keaveny
- Ginger Baker speaks to Shaun Keaveny Duration: 12:49 Cream founder Ginger Baker is on the show
- Jodie Whittaker chats to Shaun Duration: 16:55 10/05/2013
- Beady Eye speak to Matt Everitt Duration: 06:37 07/05/2013
- Seasick Steve joins Shaun Keaveny in the studio Duration: 15:29 Seasick Steve plays a homemade guitar
- Greg Camalier chats to Nemone Duration: 11:27 Nemone sits in