Tanni Grey-Thompson on women in sport: The Power List
Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson is one of Britain’s most successful sportswomen. She won 16 medals as a wheelchair racer in five Paralympics, including 11 golds, as well as six London Marathons - her last in 2002. She joins Jane Garvey to discuss the most powerful women in UK sport.
Available since: Mon 26 Nov 2012
This clip is from
Tanni Grey-Thompson, Stooshe perform live, and why more women are taking up farming.
First broadcast: 26 Nov 2012
Which women have the greatest impact on UK politics, society, culture and economics?
More clips from Tanni Grey-Thompson; Stooshe; Women in Farming
More clips from Woman's Hour
- Child Support And HIV Duration: 07:40 Wendy and Peter Pan; Boarding kindergarten schools in China
- Borgen's Birgitte Hjort Sørensen Duration: 08:42 Susan Boyle's Aspergers diagnosis; Sara Thornton; Birgitte Hjort Sørensen
- Newnham science students Duration: 07:19 Power List Scientists: Jocelyn Bell Burnell; Ann Dowling; Wendy Hall
- "My brain is on fire every single day" Duration: 09:17 Winnie Mandela; Ulrika Jonsson
- "Sport was always presented to me as a secondary level of news..." Duration: 00:46 Abortion rights; getting boys to read; author Jeff Kinney; female sports presenters