Frank Field - MP and prominent welfare thinker discusses 'feckless fathers'. Keith who is an absent father to eight children with different mothers who has difficulty even remembering all their names, is interviewed. Research is outlined linking absent fatherhood to poverty and a general decline in the life chances of the child through the rest of their life.
Available since: Fri 14 Dec 2012
More clips from Britain's Missing Dads
More clips from Panorama
- Joining firefighters on the front line amid budget cuts Duration: 02:51 Dial 999... and Wait?
- Disabled or Faking it? Duration: 03:12 Disabled or Faking It?
- The Truth About Sports Products Duration: 02:17 The Truth About Sports Products
- Cold call victim: 'My life of penury' Duration: 02:00 Call Centres Undercover
- Drug shortages hit Greece's sick children Duration: 02:22 Life and Debt: A Greek Tragedy