Lifeline - RICE
Actor and presenter Tony Robinson makes an appeal on behalf of RICE: The Research Institute for the Care of Older People. They are a charity dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with dementia, their families and carers.
The film features bestselling author Sir Terry Pratchett who, in 2005, noticed he started making a lot of typographical errors in his writing. He began having difficulties following text, and had problems dressing himself.
In 2008, Sir Terry began attending RICE having been diagnosed with a rare form of dementia. The charity have helped him find the best treatment for his condition and continue to support him.
Available since: Sun 13 Jan 2013
- Tony Robinson
- Sir Terry Pratchett
- Gavin Ahern
- Executive Producer
- Gill Tierney
More clips from Lifeline
- Gillian Wright's Lifeline Appeal for Pact Duration: 08:37 Prison Advice and Care Trust
- Pam Ayres' Lifeline Appeal for Canine Partners Duration: 08:31 Canine Partners
- DEBRA Lifeline Appeal Duration: 08:32
- Sir Michael Parkinson's Lifeline Appeal for Prostate Cancer UK Duration: 08:23 Prostate Cancer UK
- Kim Marsh's Lifeline Appeal for Bliss Duration: 08:43 Bliss