Mary decorates her Christmas cake
Mary shows Paul how she makes royal icing; egg whites beaten to a froth, with icing sugar added and a little glycerin and lemon juice. She ices the cake and decorates it with a ribbon and some Christmas angels.
Available since: Wed 12 Dec 2012
Mary and Paul present short and sweet guides to baking success.
More clips from The Great British Bake Off
- Icing éclairs Duration: 01:20 Series 5, Masterclass 4
- Rolling croissants Duration: 01:38 Series 5, Masterclass 4
- Easy chocolate cups Duration: 01:45 Series 5, Masterclass 4
- How to plait a loaf Duration: 01:31 Series 5, Masterclass 4
- An easy trick to separate eggs Duration: 00:56 Series 5, Masterclass 3