Mary decorates her Christmas cake
Mary shows Paul how she makes royal icing; egg whites beaten to a froth, with icing sugar added and a little glycerin and lemon juice. She ices the cake and decorates it with a ribbon and some Christmas angels.
Available since: Wed 12 Dec 2012
Mary and Paul present short and sweet guides to baking success.
More clips from The Great British Bake Off
- Luis branches out Duration: 00:45 Series 5, Advanced Dough
- "A dangerous thing to do" Duration: 01:21 Series 5, Advanced Dough
- A sweet task turns sour Duration: 01:15 Series 5, Pastry
- Tension relieving butter bashing Duration: 01:31 Series 5, Pastry
- "10 minutes until your Swedish bakes face their Waterloo!" Duration: 01:12 Series 5, European Cakes