Mary decorates her Christmas cake
Mary shows Paul how she makes royal icing; egg whites beaten to a froth, with icing sugar added and a little glycerin and lemon juice. She ices the cake and decorates it with a ribbon and some Christmas angels.
Available since: Wed 12 Dec 2012
Mary and Paul present short and sweet guides to baking success.
More clips from The Great British Bake Off
- Delightfully daring desserts Duration: 03:10 An Extra Slice, Episode 4
- "What a lovely pear!" Duration: 01:42 Series 5, Pies and Tarts
- "Are you a pie or a tart?" Duration: 01:24 Series 5, Pies and Tarts
- Norman addresses his haggis Duration: 01:25 Series 5, Pies and Tarts
- The saucing ceases Duration: 01:45 Series 5, Desserts