'Scientists reverse hearing loss in gerbils.
Scientific progress has accelerated in recent years within the field of deafness and hearing loss. The recent announcement that some gerbils have been cured of their deafness has been felt as a wonderful scientific development by some, but others are fearful that this could lead a decline and a possible end of Deaf culture. See Hear went along to find out more.
Available since: Tue 11 Dec 2012
More clips from See Hear
- The History of Deaf Theatre Duration: 02:23 Series 34, Episode 2
- Lack of access to sign language interpreters at medical appointments Duration: 01:13 Series 34, Episode 1
- BBC Breakfast News: Cochlear implant debate Part 1 Duration: 06:33
- BBC Breakfast News: Cochlear implant debate Part 2 Duration: 07:30
- Memnos in Rome Duration: 01:36 Series 33, Episode 32