'Scientists reverse hearing loss in gerbils.
Scientific progress has accelerated in recent years within the field of deafness and hearing loss. The recent announcement that some gerbils have been cured of their deafness has been felt as a wonderful scientific development by some, but others are fearful that this could lead a decline and a possible end of Deaf culture. See Hear went along to find out more.
Available since: Tue 11 Dec 2012
More clips from See Hear
- Memnos tests his 'deaf brain' Duration: 02:58 Series 33, Episode 19
- Deaf and blind runner at the East London Half Marathon Duration: 02:12 Series 33, Episode 18
- Photographic exhibition 'Shine' Duration: 01:11 Series 33, Episode 17
- Comedian John Smith on the SignHealth Project Duration: 01:26 Series 33, Episode 16
- Memnos starring in Holby City Duration: 01:17 Series 33, Episode 15