Professor: "Directly testing on humans would be a lottery"
Prof Steve Brown is one of the directors of the Mary Lyon centre in Oxford. He told Victoria why he regards animal research as vital.
Available since: Tue 4 Dec 2012
More clips from 04/12/2012
More clips from Victoria Derbyshire
- ‘You'd pay anything’ - kidnap victim on ransoms. Duration: 08:55 13/12/2013
- 'Singing astronaut' Chris Hadfield blinded on spacewalk Duration: 02:51 12/12/2013
- The man with motor neurone disease who runs marathons Duration: 03:08 12/12/2013
- Minister: 'Crime figures are not being massaged' Duration: 03:31 11/12/2013
- England Ashes woes mean "natural order" restored Duration: 02:56 09/12/2013