Dustin Hoffman on becoming an actor
Hollywood star Dustin Hoffman talks to Kirsty Young about how he pursued an acting career despite his Aunt Pearl telling him he wasn't good looking enough to be an actor.
More clips from Desert Island Discs
- Conductor Marin Alsop: 'My parents built a concert hall in their back yard' Duration: 00:54 Marin Alsop
- Conductor Marin Alsop: 'It’s like a blind date with 100 people' Duration: 00:26 Marin Alsop
- Will the coalition partners agree on English votes for English laws? Duration: 03:58 Armando Iannucci
- Steve McQueen: 'I don't need money, so I'm free to do what I want to do' Duration: 01:07 Steve McQueen
- Steve McQueen: 'It was the first time I could breathe' Duration: 00:45 Steve McQueen