Watch an analysis of Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
Stephen Johnson, presenter of Radio 3’s long-running Discovering Music series, introduces and analyses Mozart’s great Serenade No. 13 for strings in G major, better known by its nickname, ‘Eine kleine Nachtmusik’ (A Little Night Music).
The session was recorded at Clandon Park House in Surrey with the Doric Quartet and double-bass player Tim Gibbs. For more expert advice, Stephen is joined by architect Jonathan Foyle and historian Steven Parissien.
Available since: Tue 27 Nov 2012
Watch a selection of specially recorded editions of Radio 3's Discovering Music series.
More clips from Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
More clips from Discovering Music
- Watch an analysis of Brahms' 2nd Piano Concerto Duration: 48:49 Brahms: Piano Concerto No. 2 in B-flat major (Op. 83)
- Watch an analysis of Debussy's La mer Duration: 44:08 Debussy's La mer
- Beethoven: String Quartet in A minor, Op 132 Duration: 43:42 Beethoven: String Quartet in A minor, Op 132
- The Art of Jazz Improvisation Duration: 1:30:33 The Art of Jazz Improvisation
- Sibelius: Symphony No 4 Duration: 46:03 Sibelius - Symphony No 4