3D printing a new jaw bone
Dr Tali Sharot follows pioneering surgery in the Netherlands that replaces a patient's infected jaw bone with one created by a 3D printer. Could this one day help us survive on other planets?
Contains short graphic scenes of the operation.
Available since: Tue 27 Nov 2012
More clips from Space
More clips from Dara O Briain's Science Club
- Gravity defying ferro-fluids Duration: 01:24 Series 2, Invisible Worlds
- Synthetic vaccine Duration: 01:42 Series 2, Invisible Worlds
- Carbon nanotubes Duration: 01:32 Series 2, Invisible Worlds
- What's a millisecond worth? Duration: 02:05 Series 2, Size Matters
- Big data, tiny lives Duration: 01:18 Series 2, Size Matters