How tornadoes are formed
Presenter Helen Czerski goes to the USA to experience the power of a real tornado. She meets up with an expert named Josh Wurman to show how the physics of Earth’s unstable atmosphere form tornados, but only when the conditions are right.
Available since: Mon 26 Nov 2012
This clip is from
Kate Humble and Dr Helen Czerski follow the Earth's voyage around the sun.
First broadcast: 03 May 2012
More clips from Orbit: Earth's Extraordinary Journey - Learning Zone
- How planet Earth was hit by meteorites, causing Earth’s tilt and its seasons Duration: 07:19
- How Indian monsoon rains are caused Duration: 08:12
- How Earth’s tilt creates the seasons Duration: 06:57
- Greenland’s retreating sea ice Duration: 07:00
- The freezing winters of Northern Canada Duration: 06:08