Atmospheric story-writing (pt 4/9) - famous advice
Danny is waiting for a doctor's appointment after lying to his mother about being unwell. He takes out his notebook to start working on his story for the competition. There is a flashback to a class visit by the author Michael Morpurgo, whose story writing advice feeds into Danny's efforts. Danny is also offered support by a kindly lady who is sitting next to him. He doesn't realise she is author Jacqueline Wilson until she is called for her appointment.
Available since: Mon 26 Nov 2012
This clip is from
Danny tries to write a story but gets writer's block after just one sentence.
First broadcast: 20 Sep 2007
More clips from Master Story Teller: The Middle
More clips from Let's Write a Story
- Atmospheric story-writing (pt 2/9) - getting started Duration: 04:30 Master Story Teller: The Beginning
- Atmospheric story-writing (pt 5/9) - bringing a character to life Duration: 01:36 Master Story Teller: The Middle
- 'Treasure Island' by Robert Louis Stevenson - finding the dead sailor (dramatisation) Duration: 03:28 Writing Academy Years 5 + 6: Mystery
- Atmospheric story-writing (pt 9/9) - the final story Duration: 04:03 Master Story Teller: The End
- 'Hacker' by Malorie Blackman - caught on the computer (dramatisation) Duration: 02:54 Writing Academy Years 5 + 6: Mystery