Ray Davies: "Dedicated Follower of Fashion was written out of anger"
Ray Davies says he wrote The Kinks' hit Dedicated Follower of Fashion after a quarrel with a designer over the size of his flares. He also explains the story behind the song Lola.
Available since: Mon 26 Nov 2012
More clips from Ray Davies (the A-Side)
More clips from Mastertapes
- Manic Street Preachers on returning to The Holy Bible Duration: 02:33
- Soul II Soul perform Keep on Movin for Mastertapes Duration: 04:19 Series 3, Soul II Soul (the B-Side)
- Soul II Soul perform Back to Life for Mastertapes Duration: 05:26 Series 3, Soul II Soul (the A-Side)
- Soul II Soul perform Get a Life for Mastertapes Duration: 04:23 Series 3, Soul II Soul (the B-Side)
- Jazzie B explains how Soul II Soul’s Fairplay was produced Duration: 01:47 Series 3, Soul II Soul (the A-Side)