The murder of William, Earl of Douglas
Description of the lead up to and aftermath of the murder of William, Earl of Douglas. When William and John MacDonald agree a friendship pact, King James II feels threatened. In 1452, James invites William to meet him at Stirling Castle. The result? The brutal murder of William by James II.
Available since: Fri 23 Nov 2012
Daring, rash & ambitious, the Stewarts would become the most colourful of royal dynasties.
More clips from Language is Power
More clips from A History of Scotland
- William Wallace Duration: 03:28 Series 1, Hammers of the Scots
- The Battle of Stirling Bridge Duration: 03:42 Series 1, Hammers of the Scots
- The Battle of Falkirk Duration: 02:12 Series 1, Hammers of the Scots
- Jacobite invasion plan, 1708 Duration: 02:59 Series 2, Let's Pretend
- The Battle of Culloden, 1746 Duration: 04:15 Series 2, Let's Pretend