My identity - being a Muslim
Yonis lives in Coventry, but his family are from Somalia and he was born in Sweden. He is a Muslim and his religion is important to him. Yonis introduces himself and his family. He describes his nationality as Somali and British. At his school, more than 40 languages are spoken and his friends come from different racial backgrounds. He especially enjoys Friday afternoons when all the pupils can choose what activity to do. At home he leads family prayers and studies the Qur'an with his religious teacher. His faith helps to ground him. He interviews his family about Somalia and hopes to visit the African country one day.
Available since: Thu 22 Nov 2012
More clips from Episode 3
More clips from Who Are We?
- My identity - being an Olympic Ambassador Duration: 05:26 Episode 2
- My identity - life as a young carer Duration: 05:48 Episode 2
- My identity - life on a dairy farm Duration: 06:54 Episode 2
- My identity - life in a communal household Duration: 06:49 Episode 1
- My identity - being a young news reporter Duration: 06:07 Episode 3