Dorothy’s Gingham Dress at the V&A Museum
Costume designer Deborah Nadoolman Landis, who curated the Hollywood Costume exhibition currently running at the V&A, describes to Libby Purves how she found Dorothy’s gingham dress from the Wizard of Oz feature film.
Image credit: The Wizard of Oz, 1939. Costume designer Adrian. MGM/The Kobal Collection.
Available since: Thu 22 Nov 2012
This clip is from
Libby Purves meets Lady Pamela Hicks and tattoo artist Ami James.
First broadcast: 21 Nov 2012
More clips from Midweek
- Picasso’s Girl with a Ponytail Duration: 01:10 Levi Roots, Edwin Apps, Lydia Corbett, Don Ward
- Alan Johnson salutes his sister Linda Duration: 01:48 Johnny Mars, Alan Johnson MP, Amanda Waring, Brendan Walker
- Brian Cox: “My first stage was a coal bunker” Duration: 00:45 Brian Cox, Jason Lewis, Adela Jusic, June Tabor
- Why the Beatles scared the Soviets Duration: 01:45 Marc Hare, Leslie Woodhead, Kate Prince, Howard Raymond
- Matt Rutherford on solo circumnavigation of the Americas Duration: 01:22 Matt Rutherford, Matthew Du Aime, Charlie and Louise Mortimer, Bill Stott