Dorothy’s Gingham Dress at the V&A Museum
Costume designer Deborah Nadoolman Landis, who curated the Hollywood Costume exhibition currently running at the V&A, describes to Libby Purves how she found Dorothy’s gingham dress from the Wizard of Oz feature film.
Image credit: The Wizard of Oz, 1939. Costume designer Adrian. MGM/The Kobal Collection.
Available since: Thu 22 Nov 2012
This clip is from
Libby Purves meets Lady Pamela Hicks and tattoo artist Ami James.
First broadcast: 21 Nov 2012
More clips from Midweek
- Life after opera: Dame Kiri reveals her retirement plans Duration: 00:40 Amy Lehman, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, Alex Shearer, Richard Dunwoody MBE
- "She's Greta Garbo's stand-in, she has to eat alone." Duration: 00:38 Sacha Corcoran, Austin and Howard Mutti-Mewse, Gideon Lewis-Kraus, David Probert
- Arthur Smith on the allure of Leonard Cohen Duration: 00:38 Arthur Smith, Dr Akiko Mikamo, Martin White, Tom Mitchell
- Mike Rutherford: 'We aspired to be anything but our fathers' Duration: 01:08 Robert Powell, Mike Rutherford, Catherine Weate, Harry Shearer
- 'My singing and dancing are instantly forgettable' Duration: 01:00 Jo Brand, Henry Winkler, Clive Rowe, Richard Mawbey