Dorothy’s Gingham Dress at the V&A Museum
Costume designer Deborah Nadoolman Landis, who curated the Hollywood Costume exhibition currently running at the V&A, describes to Libby Purves how she found Dorothy’s gingham dress from the Wizard of Oz feature film.
Image credit: The Wizard of Oz, 1939. Costume designer Adrian. MGM/The Kobal Collection.
Available since: Thu 22 Nov 2012
This clip is from
Libby Purves meets Lady Pamela Hicks and tattoo artist Ami James.
First broadcast: 21 Nov 2012
More clips from Midweek
- Harry Redknapp: "The more you screamed, the more he turned the machine up" Duration: 01:30 Alexander Armstrong, Wilbur Smith, Harry Redknapp, Anna Walker
- Richard Noble: "You're convinced you're driving straight down vertically into the centre of the earth" Duration: 01:05 Emma Thompson, Richard Noble, Linda Thompson, Dr Paul Abel
- How Barry Norman scored an Oscar scoop Duration: 00:52 Alexei Sayle, Barry Norman, Jacqui Dankworth, Don Bachardy
- How Fred Astaire took up skateboarding at 70 Duration: 00:45 Ava Astaire, Michael 'Mini' Cooper, Franc Roddam, Doug Allan, Ewan Clayton
- 'Something grabbed me around the waist with its flippers' Duration: 01:22 Ava Astaire, Michael 'Mini' Cooper, Franc Roddam, Doug Allan, Ewan Clayton