Dorothy’s Gingham Dress at the V&A Museum
Costume designer Deborah Nadoolman Landis, who curated the Hollywood Costume exhibition currently running at the V&A, describes to Libby Purves how she found Dorothy’s gingham dress from the Wizard of Oz feature film.
Image credit: The Wizard of Oz, 1939. Costume designer Adrian. MGM/The Kobal Collection.
Available since: Thu 22 Nov 2012
This clip is from
Libby Purves meets Lady Pamela Hicks and tattoo artist Ami James.
First broadcast: 21 Nov 2012
More clips from Midweek
- Cheeky Nelson Mandela Duration: 00:26 Zelda la Grange, John Moloney, Rattlesnake
- Cheeky Nelson Mandela Duration: 01:16 Zelda la Grange, John Moloney, Rattlesnake
- “We don’t tell the audience what to think, just steer them in the right direction” Duration: 01:02 Roz Chalmers, Merlin Holland, David Charles Manners, David Waterman
- Singer Angelique Kidjo remembers her grandmother’s advice Duration: 00:59 Angelique Kidjo, John Browne, Helen Kirwan-Taylor, Oliver Horovitz
- “It was a very peculiar arrangement.” Duration: 00:42 Hetain Patel, Daniel Antoine, Sue Swingler, Brendan King