Billy Duffy on kickstarting Morrissey's singing career
BBC 6 Music's Linda Serck spoke to The Cult co-founder and guitarist Billy Duffy about how he helped Morrissey's singing career.
The Cult returned earlier this year with a new album Choice Of Weapon and have also released a prequel to that album, called Weapon of Choice.
During the interview with BBC 6 Music, Billy talked about his youth growing up in Manchester and his involvement in city's punk scene in the late 70s, which led to him giving his friend Morrissey a leg-up in the music world.
Available since: Tue 20 Nov 2012
This clip is from
The biggest names, backstage gossip and breaking news from the world of music.
More clips from 6 Music News
- BBC 6Music's Top 15 albums of the year: Tame Impala Duration: 02:43
- The cassette tape celebrates 50th anniversary Duration: 03:06
- Andrew W.K.'s five commandments of partying Duration: 03:08
- Shaun Ryder on Happy Mondays reunion shows Duration: 03:13
- Tony Visconti on working with Marc Bolan on The Slider Duration: 03:07