Richard Hammond talks Bond cars with Chris Evans
Motoring broadcaster, writer, and journalist Richard Hammond takes a pit stop in the studio to tell Chris about 'Top Gear: Fifty Years of Bond Cars' over a croissant and a cuppa.
As Bond celebrates his half century, Top Gear looks at his amazing history with cars. Richard Hammond drives some of the most iconic Bond motors from the Aston Martin DB5 (Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Casino Royale, Skyfall) and the Lotus Esprit (The Spy Who Loved Me) to the Citroen 2CV (For Your Eyes Only) and the AMC Hornet (The Man with the Golden Gun), and tells the stories of how these cars came to be part of the 007 legacy.
Richard also takes a trip to the set of the new Bond film Skyfall in Turkey and talks cars, gadgets explosions with Daniel Craig. And what Top Gear Bond Special would be complete without Richard's attempt to build his own Bond car, on a budget...!
Available since: Tue 20 Nov 2012
This clip is from
Top Gear trooper Richard Hammond returns to the studio for a croissant and a cuppa.
First broadcast: 26 Oct 2012
Radio 2 celebrates all things 007 to mark 50 years since the cinematic release of Dr No
More clips from The Chris Evans Breakfast Show
- HRH Prince Harry chats to Chris Evans Duration: 09:13 HRH Prince Harry
- Guy Garvey gets an invite for Desert Island Discs Duration: 00:27 HRH Prince Harry
- Rabbi Pete Tobias with Pause For Thought Duration: 02:15 Princely Preparations!
- Peter Jones talks to Chris Evans Duration: 01:03 Peter Jones, Kelly Hoppen, David Baddiel, Billie Piper, Jack Savoretti
- Jack Savoretti covers Ring of Fire Duration: 02:52 Peter Jones, Kelly Hoppen, David Baddiel, Billie Piper, Jack Savoretti