How do animals protect themselves from predators?
Animation describing how different animals protect themselves from predators. Grandad Charlie, the elderly tortoise, tells his grandson Sam about the different ways in which animals protect themselves. He tells the story of Tracy the triggerfish, Percy the pufferfish and Chico the clownfish. Chico the clownfish produces slime which covers his scales and protects against stinging. Tracy the triggerfish has spines which help her to anchor in a tight space. Percy the pufferfish can swallow water to puff out and make himself look bigger.
Available since: Fri 16 Nov 2012
More clips from Episode 4
More clips from Just So Darwin
- Why did the brown bear evolve into the polar bear? Duration: 04:20 Episode 1
- Why does the giraffe have a long neck? Duration: 04:20 Episode 4
- How are camels adapted to live in the desert? Duration: 04:19 Episode 1
- Lonesome George - the last Pinta Island tortoise (animation) Duration: 04:19 Episode 4
- Which plants can store water in the desert? Duration: 04:21 Episode 3