Ben Elton on the book he was “always going to write”
Comedian, novelist and musical writer Ben Elton tells John Wilson about the true story behind his new book and how it was one he was "always going to write".
Two Brothers, inspired by his family history, tells the tale of adopted brothers who go on to fight on opposite sides of the second world war.
Available since: Fri 16 Nov 2012
This clip is from
Ben Elton, Danny Boyle on regional theatre funding cuts, and early computer art.
First broadcast: 15 Nov 2012
Writers, Authors, Novelists, Poets
More clips from Front Row
- Jackie Kay on African Art Duration: 03:07 John Irving; African art; Thomas Heatherwick
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie on America Duration: 01:36 03/04/2009
- David Baldacci: 'I have to go to that dark side' Duration: 01:54 Thriller writer David Baldacci; director Michael Winterbottom; Saloua Raouda Choucair
- Darcey Bussell on the physical strain of being a ballerina Duration: 01:21 Darcey Bussell, Bob Dylan reviewed, and the Bristol Old Vic reopens
- Darcey Bussell on life at the Royal Ballet School Duration: 01:23 Darcey Bussell, Bob Dylan reviewed, and the Bristol Old Vic reopens