Salvation in the prisons of South America
Presenter Reverend Peter Owen-Jones visits Rio de Janeiro. He notes the growth of Protestant Pentecostal churches in South America, in a place where the Roman Catholic Church has been dominant.
He sees Pastor Marcos of the Assemblies of God who is offering people in a prison a chance of healing and conversion. Pastor Marcos performs exorcisms and claims to offer the possibility of personal transformation from their demons of crime and addiction.
Available since: Fri 9 Nov 2012
This clip is from
1/8 Pete Owen Jones travels to Australasia to find out how tribal faiths have survived.
First broadcast: 02 Jan 2009
More clips from Australasia and the Pacific Ring of Fire
More clips from Around the World in 80 Faiths
- Christian revivalism in the USA Duration: 04:25 The Far East
- Celebrating the Samaritan Passover Duration: 03:34 Africa
- Celebrating Good Friday in Jerusalem Duration: 04:45 The Far East
- Buddhist beliefs (pt 2/2) Duration: 03:43 Australasia and the Pacific Ring of Fire
- Tibetan Buddhism in Russia Duration: 03:17 Africa