Two engineering apprentices describe their work on a nuclear submarine at BAE Systems in Barrow-in-Furness and at a Rolls Royce factory in Derby. Industry is investing in engineering apprentices to create inventive designers, builders, problem solvers and team players. Elite and highly skilled, the engineering apprentice is essential to industry in the UK today.
Available since: Fri 9 Nov 2012
More clips from A Nuclear Submarine
More clips from How to Build...
- How to test a super jumbo wing Duration: 05:12 How to Build 2: Learning Zone
- How modern materials and technology in Formula One cars reaches road cars Duration: 04:58 How to Build 2: Learning Zone
- How do satellites survive in space? Duration: 05:47 How to Build 2: Learning Zone
- How to assemble the wing of the world's largest airliner Duration: 04:04 How to Build 2: Learning Zone
- How to test a Superjumbo wing Duration: 05:13 Series 2, A Super Jumbo Wing