The online business
An explanation on how online retailers such as Amazon 'tailor' their store to individual shoppers. They monitor what we look at and buy online, allowing predictions about what we want to read, watch and eat. This gives online retailers an important advantage over retail shoppers but does it make us less individual or more like a 'target group'?
Available since: Thu 8 Nov 2012
More clips from The Virtual Revolution
- Does Anyone Control the Internet? Duration: 02:53 Enemy of the State?
- How the world wide web was invented Duration: 02:06 The Great Levelling?
- Internet Access For All Duration: 02:42 The Great Levelling?
- The Virtual Revolution - Enemy of the State? - Campaigning on the Internet Duration: 02:36 Enemy of the State?
- The Widespread Appeal of Wikipedia Duration: 04:56 The Great Levelling?