The story of inheritance
Why is it that we often look like our parents, or even our grandparents? From Aristotle to Watson and Crick, find out about sex, genes and DNA and how we arrived at our current understanding of inheritance.
A shorter version of this animation was first show in Episode 1 of Dara O Briain's Science Club on BBC Two.
Voiced by Helen McCrory, animated by 12Foot6.
Available since: Mon 5 Nov 2012
This clip is from
1/6 A look at the weird and wonderful world of reproduction and inheritance.
First broadcast: 06 Nov 2012
More clips from Dara O Briain's Science Club
- Gravity defying ferro-fluids Duration: 01:24 Series 2, Invisible Worlds
- Synthetic vaccine Duration: 01:42 Series 2, Invisible Worlds
- Carbon nanotubes Duration: 01:32 Series 2, Invisible Worlds
- What's a millisecond worth? Duration: 02:05 Series 2, Size Matters
- Big data, tiny lives Duration: 01:18 Series 2, Size Matters