The ‘internal economics’ of lap-dancing clubs
Dr Kate Hardy from the University of Leeds talks to Thinking Allowed’s Laurie Taylor about the ways lap-dancing clubs can make money from their dancers regardless of the number of customers.
Available since: Sat 3 Nov 2012
This clip is from
The strip industry - why is it growing? Also, the cultural meaning of 'blue jeans'.
First broadcast: 31 Oct 2012
More clips from Thinking Allowed
- The Global Pigeon Duration: 01:51 Northern Ireland Sectarianism and Civility; The Global Pigeon
- The significance of Ethnographic research Duration: 02:02 Remembering Diana; Ethnography Award
- Has the heyday of subcultures passed? Duration: 01:01 Drugs for Life; Subcultural Identity
- Can 'Ned' be reclaimed as a title of pride? Duration: 02:45 'Ned' Pride in Scotland; Weapon Dogs
- What is a status dog and what do they signify for their owners? Duration: 03:06 'Ned' Pride in Scotland; Weapon Dogs