Over 1,300 Homes Saved By Flood Defences
Northamptonshire's flood defences have saved more than 1,300 properties in the county from flood damage during the recent heavy rain according to the Environment Agency, but County Councillor Brendan Glynane, who has campaigned on the issue since the Easter floods of 1998, says the defences have never properly been tested. Reporter Martin Heath meets James Headford, who had his home in Kislingbury protected after the floods in '98. Reporter Tom Percival meets Councillor Glynane, and Stuart talks to John Giles from the Environment Agency.
* Women's Aid conference held at Sixfields
* Higham Ferrers housing development approved
* Food & Drink industry conference being held in Northampton
* Chief Executive of Weetabix talks about importance of food & drink to Northants
* How Councillor's grants empower communities
* BBC Radio Northampton documentary to mark Paul Grayson's departure from the Saints