Lucy Worsley goes in search of Dorothy Hartley, author of Food in England
Historian Lucy Worsley journeys across England and Wales in search of Dorothy Hartley, the long forgotten writer of what is today considered to be one of the masterpieces of writing about food published in 1954, Food in England.
Available since: Tue 30 Oct 2012
This clip is from
Dr Lucy Worsley retraces the life of Dorothy Hartley and her seminal book Food in England.
First broadcast: 06 Nov 2012
More clips from Food in England: The Lost World of Dorothy Hartley
- Danny Jimminson and Lucy Worsley making pears with vine leaves Duration: 03:05
- Danny Jimminson and Lucy Worsley make quince jelly Duration: 04:14
- Peter Brears and Lucy Worsley discussing puddings from Food in England Duration: 02:24
- Adrian Bailey talks about Dorothy Hartley during World War I Duration: 01:47
- Lucy Worsley talks to Idris Evans about what remains of a Welsh Hafod Duration: 02:21