What will happen when the sun dies?
Solar Physicist Dr Helen Mason appears in BBC Four programme 'Seven Ages of Starlight' which tells the epic tale of the stars through seven ages. She explains to Libby Purves what the sun was like when it was first formed and what will happen when it dies.
Photo credit: NASA - Solar Dynamics Observatory/Atmospheric Imaging Assembly
Available since: Tue 30 Oct 2012
This clip is from
Libby Purves meets former actor Fiona Fullerton and dog whisperer Cesar Millan.
First broadcast: 24 Oct 2012
More clips from Midweek
- 'I wouldn't have told anyone' - Ruby Wax on her depression Duration: 00:34 Ruby Wax, Wendy Law-Yone, Marcus du Sautoy, Ian Martin
- Eve Branson: 'I dressed as a man to fly wartime gliders’ Duration: 01:13 Cerys Matthews, Eve Branson, Margaret and Barry Mizen, Emma Decent
- Jimmy Connors: "We walked a fine line" Duration: 00:59 Jimmy Connors, Damian Barr, Jonathan Miller and Natalie Coleman
- "Two hours later you’d wake up partially a chimp" Duration: 01:08 Hugh Dennis, David Watson, Carol Highton, Liz Trenow
- Picasso’s Girl with a Ponytail Duration: 01:10 Levi Roots, Edwin Apps, Lydia Corbett, Don Ward