What will happen when the sun dies?
Solar Physicist Dr Helen Mason appears in BBC Four programme 'Seven Ages of Starlight' which tells the epic tale of the stars through seven ages. She explains to Libby Purves what the sun was like when it was first formed and what will happen when it dies.
Photo credit: NASA - Solar Dynamics Observatory/Atmospheric Imaging Assembly
Available since: Tue 30 Oct 2012
This clip is from
Libby Purves meets former actor Fiona Fullerton and dog whisperer Cesar Millan.
First broadcast: 24 Oct 2012
More clips from Midweek
- Life after opera: Dame Kiri reveals her retirement plans Duration: 00:40 Amy Lehman, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, Alex Shearer, Richard Dunwoody MBE
- "She's Greta Garbo's stand-in, she has to eat alone." Duration: 00:38 Sacha Corcoran, Austin and Howard Mutti-Mewse, Gideon Lewis-Kraus, David Probert
- Arthur Smith on the allure of Leonard Cohen Duration: 00:38 Arthur Smith, Dr Akiko Mikamo, Martin White, Tom Mitchell
- Mike Rutherford: 'We aspired to be anything but our fathers' Duration: 01:08 Robert Powell, Mike Rutherford, Catherine Weate, Harry Shearer
- 'My singing and dancing are instantly forgettable' Duration: 01:00 Jo Brand, Henry Winkler, Clive Rowe, Richard Mawbey