What will happen when the sun dies?
Solar Physicist Dr Helen Mason appears in BBC Four programme 'Seven Ages of Starlight' which tells the epic tale of the stars through seven ages. She explains to Libby Purves what the sun was like when it was first formed and what will happen when it dies.
Photo credit: NASA - Solar Dynamics Observatory/Atmospheric Imaging Assembly
Available since: Tue 30 Oct 2012
This clip is from
Libby Purves meets former actor Fiona Fullerton and dog whisperer Cesar Millan.
First broadcast: 24 Oct 2012
More clips from Midweek
- Philip Walling: Sheep farmer turned barrister on the resemblances between sheep and the legal profession Duration: 01:01
- “He used to just appear as if by magic.” Duration: 00:52 Gary Morecombe, Rebecca Gowers, Sara Ishaq, Mike McCartney
- “One of them said I was a Puritan who hated champagne.” Duration: 00:47 Professor John Carey, Benny Lewis, Eduardo Niebla, Lynn Ruth Miller
- Julia Child saves Corky’s borscht Duration: 01:16 Sam Etherington, Cassidy Little, Emma Bridgewater, Merry 'Corky' White
- Life after opera: Dame Kiri reveals her retirement plans Duration: 00:40 Amy Lehman, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, Alex Shearer, Richard Dunwoody MBE