What will happen when the sun dies?
Solar Physicist Dr Helen Mason appears in BBC Four programme 'Seven Ages of Starlight' which tells the epic tale of the stars through seven ages. She explains to Libby Purves what the sun was like when it was first formed and what will happen when it dies.
Photo credit: NASA - Solar Dynamics Observatory/Atmospheric Imaging Assembly
Available since: Tue 30 Oct 2012
This clip is from
Libby Purves meets former actor Fiona Fullerton and dog whisperer Cesar Millan.
First broadcast: 24 Oct 2012
More clips from Midweek
- Cheeky Nelson Mandela Duration: 00:26 Zelda la Grange, John Moloney, Rattlesnake
- Cheeky Nelson Mandela Duration: 01:16 Zelda la Grange, John Moloney, Rattlesnake
- “We don’t tell the audience what to think, just steer them in the right direction” Duration: 01:02 Roz Chalmers, Merlin Holland, David Charles Manners, David Waterman
- Singer Angelique Kidjo remembers her grandmother’s advice Duration: 00:59 Angelique Kidjo, John Browne, Helen Kirwan-Taylor, Oliver Horovitz
- “It was a very peculiar arrangement.” Duration: 00:42 Hetain Patel, Daniel Antoine, Sue Swingler, Brendan King