Farro risotto with mushrooms
You do have to go to a deli to buy farro but it is worth it. It's best described in taste terms as whole-wheat barley. And the great joy with farro is that you don’t have to stir while it cooks as you would with risotto rice. This seems like a low key recipe but that’s only to look at – not to taste.
To cook this you'll need: pearled farro (perlato), dried porcini, chestnut mushrooms, a leek, ricotta, Parmesan, olive oil, dry Marsala, stock (chicken or vegetable), garlic, thyme (fresh or dried), fresh parsley.
Available since: Mon 29 Oct 2012
More clips from Episode 6
More clips from Nigellissima
- Italian Christmas pudding cake Duration: 07:00 An Italian Inspired Christmas
- Chocolate salame Duration: 05:57 An Italian Inspired Christmas
- Renaissance salad Duration: 01:28 An Italian Inspired Christmas
- Venetian cocktail Duration: 01:30 An Italian Inspired Christmas
- Stuffed turkey breast Duration: 06:30 An Italian Inspired Christmas