Paul's top tip for kneading dough
Paul shows us how he kneads dough perfectly, on a floured worktop, tapping down on the dough, then folding and rolling it until it gets smoother. He adds flour to the worktop to stop the dough sticking to his hands and the bench. Paul demonstrates how he massages the dough using the heel of his palm and his fingers, building the gluten up. He rips, stretches and pulls the dough until he feels it getting stronger and elastic.
Available since: Tue 23 Oct 2012
Mary and Paul present short and sweet guides to baking success.
More clips from The Great British Bake Off
- Icing éclairs Duration: 01:20 Series 5, Masterclass 4
- Rolling croissants Duration: 01:38 Series 5, Masterclass 4
- Easy chocolate cups Duration: 01:45 Series 5, Masterclass 4
- How to plait a loaf Duration: 01:31 Series 5, Masterclass 4
- An easy trick to separate eggs Duration: 00:56 Series 5, Masterclass 3