Mary Berry's butter tip
Mary shares her top tip to get cold butter the perfect temperature, ready to cream with sugar to make a cake. Using her simple foolproof way of softening by placing the butter into lukewarm water and leaving it for ten minutes, the butter is squidgy and soft and the right temperature to cream with sugar, ready for cake making.
Available since: Fri 19 Oct 2012
Mary and Paul present short and sweet guides to baking success.
More clips from The Great British Bake Off
- "What a lovely pear!" Duration: 01:42 Series 5, Pies and Tarts
- "Are you a pie or a tart?" Duration: 01:24 Series 5, Pies and Tarts
- Norman addresses his haggis Duration: 01:25 Series 5, Pies and Tarts
- The saucing ceases Duration: 01:45 Series 5, Desserts
- Rosemary Shrager's ciabatta drill Duration: 01:58 An Extra Slice, Episode 3