Mary Berry's butter tip
Mary shares her top tip to get cold butter the perfect temperature, ready to cream with sugar to make a cake. Using her simple foolproof way of softening by placing the butter into lukewarm water and leaving it for ten minutes, the butter is squidgy and soft and the right temperature to cream with sugar, ready for cake making.
Available since: Fri 19 Oct 2012
Mary and Paul present short and sweet guides to baking success.
More clips from The Great British Bake Off
- "It's been a long day" Duration: 01:19 Series 5, Desserts
- Mary's technically challenging tiramisu Duration: 01:20 Series 5, Desserts
- "This is the biggest thing I've ever done... Apart from giving birth" Duration: 01:07 Series 5, Desserts
- Great bakes come to those who wait Duration: 02:25 Series 5, Bread
- Technical Challenge: Ciabatta Duration: 01:18 Series 5, Bread