Lifeline - The Eve Appeal
Chariots of Fire star Nigel Havers makes an appeal on behalf of The Eve Appeal, a charity dedicated to improving the prevention, detection and treatment of gynaecological cancers.
The film features Sophie, who was suddenly diagnosed with ovarian cancer at the age of 34, after finding a small lump in her abdomen. Sophie had one of her ovaries removed and began an intensive course of chemotherapy. She feared she would not be able to have children because of her treatment. Fortunately Sophie's cancer was detected early, and she has made a good recovery. She has recently given birth to a little baby girl, Flora.
Please donate by going to the website http://www.eveappeal.org.uk/ or by calling 020 7605 0102. If you’d like to post a donation please make your cheque payable to ‘The Eve Appeal' and send it to 'The Eve Appeal, 15B Berghem Mews, Blythe Road, London, W14 0HN'.
Available since: Sun 18 Nov 2012
- Nigel Havers
- Gavin Ahern
- Executive Producer
- Gill Tierney
More clips from Lifeline
- Richard Hammond's BBC Lifeline appeal for The Children's Trust Duration: 08:45 The Children's Trust
- Angela Rippon's BBC Lifeline appeal for Womankind Worldwide Duration: 08:53 Womankind Worldwide
- Sir Patrick Stewart's BBC Lifeline Appeal for charity Combat Stress Duration: 08:38 Combat Stress
- Cerys Matthews' BBC Lifeline Appeal for homeless charity the Choir With No Name - BBC ONE Duration: 08:38 The Choir with No Name
- Jack Osbourne makes a charity appeal on behalf of the MS Society Duration: 08:14 MS Society