Can you spot British accents in Stateside drama?
Front Row's Mark Lawson speaks to accent coach Elspeth Morrison about how British actors have successfully taken on American accents to land top drama roles. She reviews the performances by former public schoolboys Damian Lewis and Dominic West who have swapped their RP accents for gritty American drawls in drama series Homeland and The Wire.
Available since: Fri 12 Oct 2012
This clip is from
Peep Show's David Mitchell, the Nobel Prize for literature and how actors learn accents.
First broadcast: 11 Oct 2012
More clips from Comedy performer David Mitchell, Nobel Prize for Literature
More clips from Front Row
- Ian Rankin: "I've cheated in this book" Duration: 02:48
- Russell Brand: 'I'm calling for huge civil disobedience' Duration: 01:12 Russell Brand; Costa Book Awards; Carrie
- 'I've reconsidered the sexual liberation component of my show' Duration: 04:36 Russell Brand; Costa Book Awards; Carrie
- Terry Jones' Cultural Exchange Duration: 08:43
- Forest Whitaker on playing The Butler Duration: 02:51 Donna Tartt; Forest Whitaker