The American writer James Ellroy is perhaps best known for his LA Quartet books, which include LA Confidential and The Black Dahlia. He discusses his new novel Blood's a Rover, a fusion of fact and fiction, set in the political turbulence of America in the late 1960s.
Available since: Mon 2 Nov 2009
Recent and archive interviews of Crime Writers from Front Row.
More clips from Front Row
- Terry Gilliam on directing a rare opera Duration: 07:33 Terry Gilliam and Edward Gardner, Joshua Ferris, Clean Bandit
- Dom Flemons & Martin Simpson perform St James Hospital & St James Infirmary Duration: 06:08 Man Booker Prize, Lee Hall's Shakespeare in Love, Dom Flemons and Martin Simpson
- Nadine Gordimer talks to John Wilson Duration: 07:39 Nadine Gordimer remembered, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Utopia
- Dolly Parton: "I'm usually up by 3am…” Duration: 12:54
- Caitlin Moran on feminism and How to Build a Girl Duration: 07:10