What lies beneath
Philip Mould explains to Fiona Bruce his plan to reveal a lost painting – beneath a mediocre portrait of Queen Henrietta Maria – by Van Dyck. It’s a risky business, but will it be worth it?
Available since: Mon 8 Oct 2012
This clip is from
3/3 One of Philip's own purchases, a painting by Van Dyck, is put under the microscope.
First broadcast: 30 Sep 2012
More clips from Fake or Fortune?
- The secrets of Gainsborough’s broccoli forest Duration: 03:17 Series 3, Gainsborough
- The ghost in the Haywain Duration: 01:12 Series 3, Constable
- X-ray exposes hidden secrets Duration: 01:33 Series 3, Constable
- Vuillard label undergoes scientific scrutiny Duration: 01:52 Series 3, Vuillard
- Series 3 trailer Duration: 02:33