What lies beneath
Philip Mould explains to Fiona Bruce his plan to reveal a lost painting – beneath a mediocre portrait of Queen Henrietta Maria – by Van Dyck. It’s a risky business, but will it be worth it?
Available since: Mon 8 Oct 2012
This clip is from
3/3 One of Philip's own purchases, a painting by Van Dyck, is put under the microscope.
First broadcast: 30 Sep 2012
More clips from Fake or Fortune?
- Thanet Coast or Isle of Wight? Duration: 02:51 Series 2, Turner: A Miscarriage of Justice?
- Degas: Proving the pose Duration: 02:52 Series 2, Degas and the Little Dancer
- Web exclusive: Parisian ballet warm-up room Duration: 00:53 Series 2, Degas and the Little Dancer
- Fake or Fortune? - Van Meegeren Duration: 01:56 Series 1
- Fake or Fortune? - Winslow Homer Duration: 01:46 Series 1