Thanet Coast or Isle of Wight?
One of the main stumbling blocks with the painting ‘Beacon Light’ is the fact that it’s described as a view of The Needles in the Isle of Wight, which does not tie in with the style of the work at that time. Philip Mould and Bendor Grosvenor can’t believe this is correct and set off along the Thanet Coast to try and prove it was painted in the area.
Available since: Mon 8 Oct 2012
This clip is from
2/3 Fiona Bruce and Philip Mould investigate landscapes once thought to be by JMW Turner.
First broadcast: 23 Sep 2012
More clips from Fake or Fortune?
- What lies beneath Duration: 01:28 Series 2, Van Dyck: What Lies Beneath
- Degas: Proving the pose Duration: 02:52 Series 2, Degas and the Little Dancer
- Web exclusive: Parisian ballet warm-up room Duration: 00:53 Series 2, Degas and the Little Dancer
- Fake or Fortune? - Van Meegeren Duration: 01:56 Series 1
- Fake or Fortune? - Winslow Homer Duration: 01:46 Series 1