BBC Radio Shropshire programme changes
BBC Radio Shropshire's editor Tim Beech explains changes to the schedule from January.
The moves have come about as part of the BBC savings programme "Delivering Quality First", which will see an early evening show shared across the whole BBC Local Radio network presented by Mark Forrest. Existing specialist music shows in those slots are moving to new times at the weekend. There'll also be no local broadcasting before 0600.
Country and BBC Introducing move to Saturday evenings (1800-2000 and 2000-2200 respectively), and Folk and Jazz to the same slots on Sunday. Colin Young's Trunk of Funk will be on 2200-0100 on Friday nights, and a new West Midlands late show with Graham Torrington will air Sunday-Thursday. Keith Middleton remains on Saturday nights, at the new time of 2200-0100.
Available since: Mon 8 Oct 2012
More clips from Eric Smith and Clare Ashford
- "When's our power coming back?" Duration: 11:23 14/02/2014
- 25 more Shropshire exchanges to get faster broadband Duration: 04:53 07/02/2014
- Improving Shropshire's Broadband Duration: 04:29 15/01/2014
- Nelson Mandela death: meeting Mandela Duration: 02:29 The death of Nelson Mandela
- Bulley settles in at his new home Duration: 05:08 04/12/2013