Degas: Proving the pose
Fiona Bruce visits Degas’s old haunt – the Palais Garnier in Paris – where she aims to prove that the pose in our painting is based on a real ballet dance position.
Available since: Fri 5 Oct 2012
This clip is from
1/3 Fiona Bruce and Philip Mould investigate a painting thought by some to be a work by Degas.
First broadcast: 16 Sep 2012
More clips from Degas and the Little Dancer
More clips from Fake or Fortune?
- What lies beneath Duration: 01:28 Series 2, Van Dyck: What Lies Beneath
- Thanet Coast or Isle of Wight? Duration: 02:51 Series 2, Turner: A Miscarriage of Justice?
- Web exclusive: Parisian ballet warm-up room Duration: 00:53 Series 2, Degas and the Little Dancer
- Fake or Fortune? - Van Meegeren Duration: 01:56 Series 1
- Fake or Fortune? - Winslow Homer Duration: 01:46 Series 1