Degas: Proving the pose
Fiona Bruce visits Degas’s old haunt – the Palais Garnier in Paris – where she aims to prove that the pose in our painting is based on a real ballet dance position.
Available since: Fri 5 Oct 2012
This clip is from
1/3 Fiona Bruce and Philip Mould investigate a painting thought by some to be a work by Degas.
First broadcast: 16 Sep 2012
More clips from Degas and the Little Dancer
More clips from Fake or Fortune?
- The secrets of Gainsborough’s broccoli forest Duration: 03:17 Series 3, Gainsborough
- The ghost in the Haywain Duration: 01:12 Series 3, Constable
- X-ray exposes hidden secrets Duration: 01:33 Series 3, Constable
- Vuillard label undergoes scientific scrutiny Duration: 01:52 Series 3, Vuillard
- Series 3 trailer Duration: 02:33