BBC New Comedy Award 2012: London heat
On October 2 we took over London's legendary 100 Club with the help of our final ten shortlisted comedians. This time, they competed in front of guest judge (and 1998 BBC New Comedy Award finalist) Dan Antopolski, who joined regular judges Steve Bennett of Chortle, Executive Producer Alison Vernon-Smith and Producer Lianne Coop. With a packed out audience and loads of talent to get through, we couldn't have found a better man for the job than our host for the night, Josh Widdecombe.
At the end of the heats, two runners-up will be selected by the judges to go straight through one of our two semi-finals. Eight more runners-up will be chosen to compete online in a wildcard vote, where you'll be able to watch more footage of each performer and vote for who you think deserves a place in the semi-final. Voting will open on October 8 on the BBC New Comedy Award homepage.
This week music comes from some of the capital's finest; Mercury Award nominated artist Jessie Ware, and hotly tipped electropop act Bastille.
Acts: Nick Dent, Andy Field, Claire Parker, Dean Sekhon, Rob Carter, Harriet Kemsley, Joe Davies, Kwame Asante, Jack Bary, Gerry Howell
Host: Josh Widdecombe
Guest judge: Dan Antopolski
Available since: Fri 5 Oct 2012
This clip is from
A nationwide search to find the best new stand-up talent in the UK
Watch the budding stand-ups and see if you can spot a funny face of the future.
More clips from BBC Radio New Comedy Award
- Video: BBC Radio New Comedy Award 2013 semi-final, Birmingham Duration: 05:32 2013, Semi-final, Birmingham
- Video: BBC Radio New Comedy Award 2013 semi-final, London Duration: 05:02 2013, Semi-final, London
- BBC Radio New Comedy Award: Arthur Smith introduces the 2013 wildcard vote Duration: 01:26 2013
- Wildcard vote: Colin Chadwick Duration: 02:24 2013
- Wildcard vote: Dane Baptiste Duration: 02:26 2013