How far should an undercover police officer go to get evidence?
A group of eight women is suing the Metropolitan Police claiming they were tricked into long-term relationships with undercover officers.
It follows the revelation last year that one officer - Mark Kennedy - had spent seven years infiltrating environmental protest groups and had been involved with women he was targeting.
Now some of the women have spoken exclusively to File on 4 about their legal fight. Jane Deith reports.
Available since: Thu 4 Oct 2012
More clips from File on 4
- Infectious diseases consultant: 'We don't know what to do next' Duration: 01:05 Superbugs
- The Rise of the Salafist movement Duration: 02:24 Recoiling the Arab Spring
- Green on blue attacks raise questions about Afghan recruitment process Duration: 02:29 Green on Blue
- Islamic schools' child abuse risk Duration: 02:05 Madrassas
- Helen Watson on withdrawing treatment from her son Duration: 03:49 A Living Death