Eggs in purgatory
When I lived in Florence I was young, so I wanted to have a good time. I preferred to spend my chambermaid’s wages on a Prosecco than a fancy dinner. But there was one dish that I could afford, that absorbed alcohol and was delicious. And I still eat it now.
I always say eggs in purgatory is absolute heaven when you feel like hell.
To make this recipe you will need: a couple of eggs, a can of chopped tomatoes, some parmesan, fresh garlic and dried chilli flakes.
Available since: Mon 24 Sep 2012
More clips from Episode 1
More clips from Nigellissima
- Italian Christmas pudding cake Duration: 07:00 An Italian Inspired Christmas
- Chocolate salame Duration: 05:57 An Italian Inspired Christmas
- Renaissance salad Duration: 01:28 An Italian Inspired Christmas
- Venetian cocktail Duration: 01:30 An Italian Inspired Christmas
- Stuffed turkey breast Duration: 06:30 An Italian Inspired Christmas