Weather from space
The view of the Earth from space is spectacular. Astronaut Dr Piers Sellers has been to the international Space Station three time and is always amazed at how thin the Earth's atmosphere is. Here he talks to Pete Lawrence about seeing lightning and hurricanes from space.
Available since: Thu 20 Sep 2012
This clip is from
Our team of astronomers tell us what's on view in the night sky.
More clips from The Sky at Night
- Starguide: June 2014 Duration: 01:07 Impacts
- Anatomy of an impact Duration: 07:26 Impacts
- Ageing surfaces across the Solar System Duration: 01:48 Impacts
- Starguide: May 2014 Duration: 01:21 How Gravity Shapes the Universe
- Why are there so many spheres? Duration: 06:21 How Gravity Shapes the Universe