Duran Duran bassist John Taylor releases book
Duran Duran bassist John Taylor has just released a book about his life in music. Titled In The Pleasure Groove: Love, Death and Duran Duran, he writes openly about the early years, his musical influences, relationships, his battle with booze and drugs and coming back from the brink of self-destruction. They have sold more than 80 million records worldwide and still have a hold over their devoted fans who supported their most recent album All You Need Is Now making it number one in 15 countries. Duran Duran head back into the studio next year with Mark Ronson to begin a 14th studio album. 6 Music’s Georgie Rogers met up with John Taylor to find out more about how he approached the book.
Available since: Tue 18 Sep 2012
This clip is from
The biggest names, backstage gossip and breaking news from the world of music.
More clips from 6 Music News
- BBC 6Music's Top 15 albums of the year: Tame Impala Duration: 02:43
- The cassette tape celebrates 50th anniversary Duration: 03:06
- Andrew W.K.'s five commandments of partying Duration: 03:08
- Shaun Ryder on Happy Mondays reunion shows Duration: 03:13
- Tony Visconti on working with Marc Bolan on The Slider Duration: 03:07