Local Council Backs Rushden Lakes
The multi-million-pounds Rushden Lakes Shopping & Leisure Development has been backed unanimously by East Northamptonshire Councillors. The towns of Corby, Kettering, Northampton & Bedford object to it and it now goes for approval to the Secretary of State. Stuart talks to Councillor Pauline Bradberry who chairs East Northamptonshire Council's Development Control Committee, to Lucy May, manager of the This or Die independent clothes shop in Wellingborough, & to Alan Gordon-Smith, the manager of the Rushden Job Centre.
* Parents object to school expansion plans
* Charity to progress in memory of Niamh
* Wellingborough campaigners secure new bus service
* New youth club at Kingsthorpe
* World record poppadom stack attempt