Web exclusive: Parisian ballet warm-up room
In the pursuit of discovering more about Degas, Fiona Bruce retraces the artist’s footsteps by visiting the Palais Garnier in Paris.
Opened in 1875, this is where Degas would watch the ballet dancers warming up before their performances on stage.
The images he created as a result of these observations now line the walls of the world’s most important museums.
Available since: Wed 12 Sep 2012
This clip is from
1/3 Fiona Bruce and Philip Mould investigate a painting thought by some to be a work by Degas.
First broadcast: 16 Sep 2012
More clips from Degas and the Little Dancer
More clips from Fake or Fortune?
- The secrets of Gainsborough’s broccoli forest Duration: 03:17 Series 3, Gainsborough
- X-ray exposes hidden secrets Duration: 01:33 Series 3, Constable
- The ghost in the Haywain Duration: 01:12 Series 3, Constable
- Vuillard label undergoes scientific scrutiny Duration: 01:52 Series 3, Vuillard
- Series 3 trailer Duration: 02:33