Episode 5 preview
Stuart Maconie previews episode 5 of The People's Songs - 'When Punk Rocked Jubilee Britain' - The Sex Pistol's God Save The Queen helps tell the story of punk in Britain. This episode will be broadcast in January 2013 on BBC Radio 2, but we're inviting listeners to get in touch now with their comments and stories to feature in the programme. Get involved at bbc.co.uk/peoplessongs.
Available since: Thu 30 Aug 2012
This clip is from
Stuart examines British life and music in 1977, the year of the silver jubilee and punk.
First broadcast: 30 Jan 2013
More clips from God Save the Queen - When Punk Rocked Jubilee Britain
More clips from The People's Songs
- Helen - The myth of a simple country life Duration: 00:23 Solsbury Hill - Our Love of the Countryside
- Derren - Walking to the Welsh anthem Duration: 00:30 Solsbury Hill - Our Love of the Countryside
- Maureen - The Vale of Pickering Duration: 00:17 Solsbury Hill - Our Love of the Countryside
- Helen - getting Peter Gabriel's support at Glastonbury Duration: 00:52 Solsbury Hill - Our Love of the Countryside
- Steve - Airfix kits and train sets Duration: 00:37 Our House - Home Is Where the Heart Is