Episode 5 preview
Stuart Maconie previews episode 5 of The People's Songs - 'When Punk Rocked Jubilee Britain' - The Sex Pistol's God Save The Queen helps tell the story of punk in Britain. This episode will be broadcast in January 2013 on BBC Radio 2, but we're inviting listeners to get in touch now with their comments and stories to feature in the programme. Get involved at bbc.co.uk/peoplessongs.
Available since: Thu 30 Aug 2012
This clip is from
Stuart examines British life and music in 1977, the year of the silver jubilee and punk.
First broadcast: 30 Jan 2013
More clips from God Save the Queen - When Punk Rocked Jubilee Britain
More clips from The People's Songs
- Bob - the Christmas day party Duration: 00:43 Merry Xmas Everybody - The People's Choice
- Margaret - swapping rationing coupons at Christmas Duration: 00:18 Merry Xmas Everybody - The People's Choice
- Emma - watching films at Christmas Duration: 00:26 Merry Xmas Everybody - The People's Choice
- Judith - the difference in Christmas presents these days Duration: 00:19 Merry Xmas Everybody - The People's Choice
- Dot - Rationing & Christmas sweets Duration: 00:20 Merry Xmas Everybody - The People's Choice