Ken Dodd versus the tax inspector
Ken Dodd joins Matthew Paris to talk about the life of Stan Laurel. He praises Laurel's comedic skills, but feels he was financially exploited.
He doesn't pull any punches when asked about his own financial affairs, and says of Matthew's tax inspector friend "If I had my way he'd be lucky enough to have teeth."
Available since: Tue 28 Aug 2012
More clips from Great Lives
- John Cooper Clarke: “He entered my life as a Catholic mystic” Duration: 01:52 Series 30, Salvador Dali
- Chris Tarrant on 'the best radio presenter in our lifetimes' Duration: 02:37 Series 30, Kenny Everett
- "Die flying the flag and we'll love you" Duration: 02:00 Series 30, Galileo
- Maggi Hambling on Rembrant Duration: 01:56 Series 13, Rembrandt
- The Self-Portraits Duration: 02:04 Series 13, Rembrandt